We would like to thank you all for your patience and understanding during these uncertain times.
Due to COVID-19, more time is required between appointments and the number of clients permitted in the building at one time is limited for everyone's safety.
There are a limited number of appointments offered per day in which ONE owner (wearing a mask) will be able to come into the building with their pet.
The remainder of the daily appointments will be curbside, in which you will need to wait outside while your pet is examined, and communication with the veterinarian will be via phone call.
If you would prefer to have a curbside appointment regardless of our schedule, please let us know and we will be happy to accommodate.
What to expect for your visit:
- Prior to your appointment, we will email you a link to a history form (which also can be found here). This form will need to be completed prior to your appointment.
- For their safety, all dogs must be brought to the clinic on a leash or in a carrier, and all cats must be in a carrier.
- When you arrive at the clinic, please wait in your vehicle and text or call us at 250-248-0008.
- If you do not have a cell phone please wave to us through the front door and we will come out to assist you.
- The team member you are speaking to will collect your information and confirm whether your appointment will be curbside or whether you are able to come into the building with your pet (should you wish to).
- If your pet's appointment will be curbside, the technician will come outside to collect your pet from you.
- The veterinarian will examine your pet within the clinic and call you with her recommendations.
- Once we are finished with your pet we can process your payment via credit card over the phone, E-transfer, or portable debit machine outside. Please note that we are not taking cash payments at this time.
- If you are accompanying your pet to their appointment, the technician will ask you to place a mask on as you enter the clinic. We will provide a mask for $2 if you do not already have one.
- We will direct you and your pet to your exam room.
- You will need to remain seated in the designated seat in the exam room during the visit in order to maintain social distancing. You will not be able to restrain your pet.
- Once we are finished with your pet we will ask you to move to the reception desk to process your payment. Please note that we are not taking cash payments at this time.
- Hand sanitizer is located on your left as you exit through the front doors.
We understand that these procedures make taking your pet to the vet more stressful than usual, but our highest priority is the safety of our clients and team members. Thank you all for your patience and support during this challenging time.
Take care and stay safe,
Oceanside Animal Hospital Team