We would like to thank everyone for your patience and understanding during these uncertain times.
For your safety, and the safety of our team members, we are maintaining social distance by providing curbside service for the time being. This means that clients are currently not allowed within the building, other than for very special circumstances (such as end-of-life appointments).
What to expect for your visit:
- Prior to your appointment we will email you a link to a history form (which also can be found here). This form should be completed prior to your appointment, as it will help us provide thorough care for your pet as efficiently as possible.
- For their safety, all dogs must be brought to the clinic on a leash or in a carrier, and all cats must be in a carrier.
- When you arrive at the clinic, please wait in your vehicle and text or call us at 250-248-0008. Please let us know your pet’s name, the reason for your visit, where you are parked and the best number to reach you during the appointment.
- If you do not have a cell phone please wave to us through the front door and we will come out to assist you. Please stand back from the door to maintain social distance.
- At your appointment time one of our team members will come outside to collect your pet and bring him or her in for their examination or procedure.
- Please remove your pet from your vehicle and place the carrier on the ground or pass the end of the leash to our team member, being careful to maintain social distance during this process. Please note that for their safety, our team members are unable to help remove your pet from your vehicle.
- Your pet will be brought into the clinic for their appointment.
- Unless you have previously arranged a drop-off appointment, please wait in your vehicle at the clinic for the duration of the appointment. We know it can be tedious, but this allows us to get your pet back to you and provide care to the next pet as efficiently as possible.
- Once your veterinarian has examined your pet, she will call you on your cell phone to discuss the exam findings and her recommendations.
- Once your pet is ready to be discharged, one of our team members will call you to process your payment. Note that we are not taking cash payments at this time and payments can be made with a credit card over the phone or via e-transfer. If unable to pay via these methods we can bring a portable debit machine outside.
- One of our team members will then bring your pet, along with any prescribed medications or products back out to your vehicle
- If you are at the hospital to pick up food or medications, please phone ahead and then remain in your car when you arrive at the clinic. Please call us from your cell phone and hospital staff will process payment over the phone and bring your food or medications out to you.
- In order to minimize social contact we are happy to offer telemedicine appointments via video messaging when appropriate to do so. Please call us at 250-248-0008 if you are interested in scheduling a telemedicine appointment.
We understand it is difficult not to be present with your pet for their appointment, but we want to assure you that they are always treated with love and the utmost care. We pride ourselves on being a Fear Free practice and we strive to make every pet’s visit as enjoyable as possible. We hope to be able to allow a limited number of clients in for appointments in the near future once we have the infrastructure in place to be able to do so safely. We will keep you updated and thank you all for your patience and support during this challenging time.
Take care and stay safe,
Oceanside Animal Hospital Team